BREATHING THERAPY FOR POST-COVID 19 SYNDROME
After recovering from Covid 19, many patients complain of persistent symptoms, even if the infection was some time ago. This is also referred to as Long Covid.
Long Covid Syndrome symptoms are:
- Constant fatigue and weakness
- Reduced performance and exhaustion
- Coughing and shortness of breath
- Muscular weakness, pain and tension
- Impaired concentration, trouble finding words
- Persistent impairment of the sense of smell
- Insomnia and restlessness
Many patients also report psychological stress, such as anxiety and depression. These are often exacerbated by worries about the future.
Patients with mild courses of the acute disease can also be affected. In a recent study published in an American medical journal, it was put forward that 80% of patients suffer persistently from one or more of these symptoms.